Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Musical Lichenology

I recently received an email from Sean Beeching, famous to readers of this blog for his poetry (click here and here for samples). This is what he wrote:

"Here is a video that Nancy Lowe of discoverlife shot during our lichen workshop [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvxnv-6Z6rg]. I am sawing up branches to show the students the lichens that were growing on them in time to Tommy [Jordan]'s banjo playing. He and I play together in the evenings during the workshop. You might also have a look at the lichen key I made for our students at discoverlife, go to the nature guides at the discoverlife.org website and then page down to 'Lichens, Georgia.' The site just passed a billion hits."


For anyone in the southeastern US interested in learning a thing or two about lichens, I would highly recommend any workshop with Sean!

- Brendan

No comments:

Post a Comment